CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

.seven.

Nothing worth having comes easily, you know?

It seems like it’s been so long since you and I had real eye contact...you know...the kind that leaves you breathless because you know that you’re looking into the eyes of love, love that is mirrored in my own.

I’ve counted up the characters used to write my proclamations of affection each night, the letters I’ve sent you across the states and the minutes spent listening to your voice, but you must know that they do not add up to how much I think you’re worth.

Not even close.

It’s been a struggle...at times, I felt like we had taken two steps forward, only to fall back into the footprints we had already made on the path.

This semblance of a tug-of-war game left me breathless at times, but not the kind of breathless that leaves you gasping for air in the most painful way possible...the kind of breathless that leaves you loving the sweet burn of your lungs.

I still remember the fog that blanketed my car that day when we got lost down that strange highway that seemed to lead to nowhere...but we were going everywhere and anywhere, it seemed...

Nobody said it was easy at the time, but I knew that, for better or for worse (to be cliché), I would be there, holding your heart close to mine.

It was hard, but oh, the suffering was the sweetest I have ever know, really. To be yours is worth the price that I had to pay, which is really not even scratching the surface of your total worth.

Soon, I’ll be coming back to you. My first step on that Virginian ground will be met with the release of my pent-up emotions for you. Those precious words that have resounded across phone lines each day will fall from my lips once more, but I know that I will be able to look into your eyes and show you how much I mean them.

I’m coming back to you, baby...give me a week and I’m coming. Please tell me you’ll be there, waiting for me...

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

I'm going to be there darling

:]

Just as I'm going to be there for the next time I fly to see you, and you fly to see me, and we do it over and over again until we're flying together -- and not just to be separated again, but to disney world, to europe, and to somewhere that's only and always been meant for just you and me..