CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

.live to let you shine.

If you'll be my star
I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me
And come out at night
When I turn jet black
You show off your light
I live to let you shine.

I'm not sure how this correlates to us really, but I know this much...I do want to be the one who lets you shine as bright as you can. It would be a crime not to let you do so.

Others have been trying to cloud you out lately, it seems...cloud us out.
No matter what happens, I'll always be behind you, wrapping myself around all that you are and doing my best to keep you shimmering in that sky, my dear.

I keep looking at my wall. I have pasted two dozen plastic stars that glow when I turn out my light each night after listening to your dulcet tones telling me goodnight. The three largest ones make a triangle, but the little ones are equally beautiful in their radiance.

Becoming yours is a shining star in my memory, but all those little moments between are the ones that light up my night sky...the first time you told me you loved me...the first time you held my hand in yours...the first time you told me how much you loved my smile.

I trust you intimately...and I trust that we can stick together through the times people try to sever us by clouding our rosy view of the future. Just like I have stuck those stars you gave me on my wall, I have adhered you to my heart. Nothing will render us inseparable.

Please keep shining for me, even when we're apart. I know that we look up at the same night sky and trace our fingers along the constellations. Compared to the utter vastness of the night sky, the distance doesn't seem as far, does it?

Keep looking up, looking forward, looking toward the day when we are together again...and remember, I will always live to let you shine.

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

aw..your words to me are just so loving, gosh, I'm so blessed to be yours..

Do you know how often I look up at the stars and realize that you're looking at the same ones?

It's really very comforting to know...darling no matter what, we will make it..all the way to the end, just you and me

I love you katie

:]