CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 2, 2007

.time is on our side.

Oh, the rain stung my cheeks today, but still, I couldn't help but smile when I think of you.

The concrete turned deep gray in the spots where the trees hung over, heavy with rain. Their leaves were like cupped hands, bowing to spill droplets on my head and across the ground.

I walked carefully, avoiding the cracks, and looked up at the tumbling clouds, pushing past each other hurriedly like shoppers in a crowded mall, racing for a bargain.

We both look up at the same sky, tracing our fingers around the shapes in the clouds and we sit and think about the beauty in this world and we give credit to Him, oh yes, we do.

Even in the rain, I know you could find beauty in this just as I do. The fierce meshing of the rain-laden clouds created a kind of stark sensory explosion in my eyes as I struggled to maintain focus on one tumultuous cloud.

I know you would have stood there with me, your fingers tracing shapes across the back of my hand as you drew me close and watched the sky.

Your whispers in my ear would have silenced the cries of my heart and then, we would both be silent and listen to the whispers of the One who watches us both, smiling contently as He receives our joy with outstretched arms.

Standing there alone, your absence becomes more apparant with each passing day, but oh, I can wait.

All in life that's worth anything is worth waiting for. For now, I shall tilt my head up to the sky again and lose myself in the boiling clouds. I shall stretch my hands out to receive the rain from the heavens and let the sparkling orbs run down my face.

Bliss will be mine, and I will wait, oh, I will wait.

0 comments: