CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

.snow.

I sat in the back of my father's Jeep today as we drove home in the deepening night down the snowy backroad that leads to my house.

I stared out the window, watching the hills rise and fall in their pure white beauty, heaving up and down like a the chest of a panting runner.

I traced my finger across the fog on the window as usual, drawing shapes and following the cresting bluffs with my eyes.

I knew that you had snow too, and oddly enough, I felt connected to you in that small way.

Hustling around all day, I still felt like I was in slow motion and very detatched from the fray around me. I saw with such clarity today, and once again, saw His presence following me around like a faithful shadow.

It's weird how unaware some people are and what a difference a kind word or a geniune smile can do. I know you'd appreciate this revelation, for you're the kind of person who loves to make the days of others better.

Observing others is what I love to do. Sitting back, being quiet and just listening is one of my favorite pastimes. You learn a lot that way. You and I would be quite the pair, sitting there and just watching.

Or maybe, we would be traversing those snowy, gently rolling hills, hand in hand, looking up at the gray sky in awe.

Either way, as long as it's with you, I'm content. Well, more than content. More like ecstatic...or euphoric...you get the idea.

So here I am, once again, counting down the days until I can see you again...but for now, I am finding comfort in pressing my nose against that foggy window and feeling your heart reaching towards mine through the snowy expanse that separates us.

0 comments: