CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

.roadtrip.

Today was such a relaxing day...a day for quiet contemplation.

As I mused silently to myself for the greater part of the day, more often than not, I felt my mind shift ever so gradually back to you with each new topic.

It is like a constant aura surrounds my thoughts...a constant feeling of undeniable happiness pervades each consideration.

As I sit here now, listening to the rich harmonies of one of my favorite folk singers, I cannot help but imagine what we would be doing on this quiet Sunday if it was just you and I.

Perhaps we would walk outside and breathe in the crisp scent of winter and take in the natural beauty.

Maybe we would stay inside, snuggled close, and spend time laughing over the thousands of absurd inside jokes we have already accumulated in such a short span of time.

Oh, just maybe we would take that roadtrip we long to go on...you know...the one where we will not tell a soul where we're going...and the truth is, we will not even know where we're going.

We will just drive.

I will dangle my hand out the window like I always do, and I will smile over at you as you sing along softly to the music.

We will stop in the most arbitrary places and the most unique places, always taking the time to just reflect on how fortunate we are to have found each other in this maddening world.

So, here's hoping that we'll take that trip someday...and maybe, who knows...this trip we have embarked on together may last a lifetime.

2 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

well darling that's most certainly a really really really grand idea..and with you and me out there together, I know it's be totally amazing and certainly something we'd never, ever, forget! I like it!!

youuu just lemme know when, and you know I'll be ready

:]

because_I_adore_you said...
This comment has been removed by the author.