CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

.this isn't romantic as much, but you know how i feel.

Leave.

The need to get away has overwhelmed me lately. Breaking free of this Western society's expectations of what is good, noble and true has been impacted upon my heart again and again as my ventures into further understanding Christian spirituality have solidified this notion.

My heart keeps telling me that there is much, much more spreading across this continent's expanse...so much more out there for me. Beyond this small-town, stop sign riddled area, there lies a wealth of opportunities.

It makes sense that you are so far away. You are out in the unknown, far away from what has surrounded my daily life...and I love it. You speak of bustling cities, crowds walking quickly and never-ending open eyes...the city that never sleeps is literally in your backyard.

I sit here, kicking pine needlings with my feet, wishing that I could run/fly/walk/drive to where you are, take you by the hand, and discover what this life is truly about.

You and I, we know that this is more than a religion. It is a relationship. How can the relationship we have with God ever be relevant if we do not actively seek to build relationships with others who so desperately hold their chapped hands out, begging for relief and truth?

We both know that it is quite impossible. That is why I am so glad that I have stumbled upon you, someone who shares this insatiable passion to help, seek and manifest what God has so wonderfully given us.

These Ozark bluffs reach to the sky, filled with towering walls of limestone and shale that seemingly fade into the hazy clouds that hang low. I stand there, collecting leaves from the towering oaks that dwarf me and wish, wish, wish we could just leave it all.

Leave.

They say that you cannot grow until you leave behind what you have always known. If you sit there, festering in that stagnant pool of water you were birthed in, you shall spoil.

The endless velvet sky is spread before me now. The hills are hidden behind this veil of darkness that has been so artfully draped over my slice of this globe. The cosmos taunt me with the sheer madness and beauty of their endless expanse, and I reach toward them, wishing to uncover the grand mysteries behind their twinkling facades.

I wish to leave.

I wish for you to come with me.

I wish to change, make a difference, do something worthy of this life given to me.

To waste this precious gift our Father has given us...a tragedy.

You and I, we shall not waste it. We shall soon be together and I will caress your hand as we both ponder the infinite beauty our Lord has show us...and we will not waste this life. We will not waste this life.

We will leave what society wants us to do...and we will not waste this life.

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

aw.. :]
yes I know exactly how you feel!! I want the same...to go out for His Kingdom. And with you...oh how I'd love it to be with you. I really do look forward to when we can go out there, hand in hand, for His purpose..