CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

.frozen here.

The ice came last night, engulfing every living blade of grass in its own chamber of sparkling, crystalline beauty.

The entire world was made of diamonds this morning as the trees bowed to the ground under the weight of all their splendor.

I thought of you and how you would love to sit here with me next to the fire and gaze out the window as God traced His fingers across this landscape, making it shine brighter than the sun.

I thought the ice would shatter if I touched it with my fingers...beauty so powerful should be delicate and fleeting.

I thought the idea of us was far too beautiful for me to ever come close to, yet alone attain.

But, as I ran my fingers over the solid expanse of ice that caught our windchime in mid-swing, I knew that we, like the ice, were strong.

The ice will melt soon. The rivers of water will find paths through the slender green grass and gather in puddles around the bases of the once-entombed trees.

But we, oh, we shall stay close. Dreams will pale in comparison to our relationship, and we shall outlast all the seasons, my dear.

This winter wonderland is beautiful. But, oh, I plan on seeing spring with you too...and summer...and fall...

For all time.

0 comments: