CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

.driving.

I find meaning in the smallest remnants that you left behind...

Now that you're gone, each little trace of your smile, your laugh, you way of life means so much to me...they truly soothe the aching heart of this devoted girl.

Driving for the first time in awhile was strange...

The last time I had driven, it was to take you to the place that would take you from me. I did not want to leave my backseat that day when we snuggled close with whispered promises of love and loyalty. I marked your hand with my love, and you took mine in yours, carefully crafting your sentiments in a dark blue hue on my palm.

The ink has faded, but your memories have not.

Driving down these desolate roads, the rattling of a glass bottle caught my attentions.
Looking down, I realized it was the same bottle that had held your green tea...the same bottle that marked yet another memory with you, the memory of strolling across a campus that is home to me and new to you.

As I pressed on, I remembered smelling the same kind of body wash you use on a student that sat nearby...I longed to be in your embrace and breathe deeply of your wonderful scent again. I know that time seems longer when I am apart from you, but it is ever so surely bringing me back to you again.

These memories flood me...overcome me...become me.
They will all come rushing back to me when I step onto Virginian soil once more and right back into your loving embrace...I am coming back to you to make more beautiful memories, my love...you can count on it.

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

And how well did you know me, too...knew that green tea was exactly what I was thinking about getting..

Gosh you know me completely..knew how special that moment writing things on one another's hands was, knew that time riding with you places in that fun little dodge neon of yours..

You know me sweetie..you know my every smile already, my every love, and desire...

Gosh..I wait completely for you to be here with me again...I know once you are in my arms again, life will once again be so very beautiful to me

Just as you are

:]