CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

.raining on my soul.

The rain is beating down on my roof and my heart tonight.

As I crane my eyes down toward the ever-widening puddles gathering around me, I can feel the slow drips creeping their way into my very being, soaking my soul with thoughts and memories of you.

The missing of you seems to be a persistant drip that is steadily increasing to a flood of remorse and absence...

Every part of you rains on my soul.

I remember sunny days, filled with laughter and love. I remember sweet nights spent in your arms, only parting to catch a few hours of forced slumber until we could be together again.

I remember the feel of your hand, the smell of your neck and the taste of your lips.
I remember the slope of your nose, the planes of your cheeks and the curve of your arm.

This night, filled with dreary rain, rushes over every part of my heart and my soul. The soaking, sinking feeling I get when I remember that you're not here is almost unbearable tonight...and it's a feeling that I am not often without.

I feel your love, reaching across this ocean that separates us tonight, but I long to bridge a much shorter distance to close the gap between our hands and hearts.

I wish for you here. I wish to make more memories of you, with you and about you.

The rain will continue to fall. Time will continue to pass, and you and I will grow closer and closer...and someday, when the sun is shining, or even when the rain is pouring, we will always be close together.

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

aw...sweetie you write the most beautiful things about us..really you do!

Gosh..I feel the void so deeply in us, that void whch seperates us is so visible... yet yes, that time is coming when we won't have to be apart through storm or sun..

I love you Katie..I do, I do
:]