CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

.always forever.

I still remember the sunlight that fell across your face that day as we stared across that overlook into the beautiful mountains.

It framed your face so beautifully, capturing the face I have grown to love so much in the most wonderful way possible. Every part of that face is loved by me.

Standing there, holding your hand, I could not have been in a more perfect place...or any happier than I was at that exact moment in time.

The days slipped by all too fast, and I found myself growing closer and closer to you as the time told me that the distance would be further and further in just a few short breaths.

When I breathe now, I breathe you in. When I sing now, I sing for you. When I see now, all I can see is your face reflected in the sky, touched by the bare branches of winter.

The ocean was born again today, and it seems much, much further...the pain, the distance...they all seem much more real and palpable. I can feel your breath on my ear, telling me you love me when I sit very still...but it is not enough to remember it...I need you so much closer.

I am torn apart. I have been snatched away, unwillingly, from the one I love....the one I need...my very heartbeat. There is a gaping hole where you have kept my heart near to you in Virginia...and it's yours to keep, my love.

But truly, I know that I will fade and wilt without you here. My days, they loom before me, speaking of the utter insignificance they hold for me now that you're gone. There's nothing, nothing more without you here.

As I sit here tonight, thinking of you, I know you're sitting down too, wishing for me. This love we have, it is matchless...uncomparable...unbeatable. The distance won't keep us from loving one another for all time.

As I sit here tonight, know that I am sitting next to you again, stroking your head and gazing into your eyes, if only in dreams. We'll be together again soon...but until then, I am with you always.

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

aw sweetheart..you write so very beautifully

I need you so very much closer too darling...I seem at a loss for words, for life, without you here...

You are my heart, my love...you always, always will be

no matter the distance..

I love you