CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

.a lack of color.

My day lacked color without you here.

I went through the motions, wishing for you to come bounding around any and every corner to take my empty fingers in yours and reassure me that everything would be alright.

The sky kissed me on the cheek today, begging my eyes to look up and take in the beauty of a perfect Creator, and I knew that the color was seeping in around the edges.

But where were you? Why weren't you there with me, throwing bucket after bucket of color across my dreary vision? You make everything beautiful again. You make the blurred edges sharp and refined again, and you transform the gray, somber outlook into a vivid picture of love and happiness.

I find myself looking to my right, searching for a shoulder to lay my head on or an arm to hook mine through...and it's not just anyone that will do...only you can fill this aching, longing void in my heart.

Or should I say lack of heart? It's yours...it has been removed from me in the sweetest yet most painful way possible.

This bittersweet symphony I have been singing since you have been gone fills my lungs with each thought of you, each memory. The joy I have about us is touched by the sadness at your absence, outlined in a thin line of depression.

I can't do this all on my own. You are a part of me. You are the color of my days, the song I always want to sing. Where are you? Where are you?

Where are you?

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

Sweetheart...if I could be the luckiest to help to fill your heart with joy for the rest of your life, that's all I could ever want

I'm going to be there, through your every rainy day, your every sunny day, your every long night and starry sky..

I love you so much

I'm coming as soon as I can, that's for sure
:]