CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

.a day like today.

Beautiful spring breezes whispered against my cheek this afternoon, telling me of the wonderful possibilities of today.

Something about the way the sunlight danced across the leaves and the gentle breeze that fluttered around my bare legs made my heart sing for joy for all the beauty that is in creation.

All the beauty in today was nothing compared to the beauty I see in you every day.

If you were here, it would not matter if today had been overcast and bitterly cold.
If you were here, it would not matter if I could never have ventured outdoors.
If you were here, it would be of no consequence if the sun did not shine...

But oh, if you could have been here with me today, it would have been absolutely perfect...the kind of perfection that most people never get to experience because, after all, a love like ours is something that many are not so blessed with.

If you could have been here today, we would have gone to the park with a cheap kite with some silly Disney character on it and flown it until we had gotten our fill of watching the bright colors spin against the flawless blue backdrop.

Letting the sun warm our face, we would lay back on a soft blanket and watch the clouds drift by, naming shapes as we saw them and tracing our fingers to let the other in on our artistic visions.

Our hearts are already full to the point of bursting every day, but today, the love would spill out from us, running over to pour out of our bodies through our smiles, our laughter, our absolute happiness and contentment that only comes from being in the presence of each other and of Him.

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

gosh..you and I both find such joy and wonder in the most simply, most beautiful things His hand has crafted. It's the most wonderful thing!

I sure do love you miss Katie Nichole Martin... with allll my heart...

and yea, we've got lots of sunny days and rainy days and well..every day, to spend.

Just you and me!
:]