CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

.awake.

At times, I wonder what the real difference is between waking and sleeping.

The dreary monotony of my days lately brings these questions to the surface of my mind...the restless dreams of slumber do not have disparity with the constant rush of my days...all seems alike to this insatiable heart.

The moments when the sweet and wonderful differences are clear are those that stay permanently stamped in my memory...they popped out from the dull gray exterior like colorful 3D shapes that wrapped themselves around my weary mind and helped me to see that, oh, there is something that makes sleep the enemy, someone who I want to stay awake for...and he, oh, he makes all the difference between waking and sleeping.

I could wile away my days, legs wound tightly against my chest, deep in sleep...and when he is gone, yes, I do wish that I could hit the fast forward button by sleeping away the weeks that are void of his touch...

But when I see that familiar gleam in his green eyes, run my hand over the beautiful shadows on his jaw...then, I remember, through those feelings, what it means to truly be awake...a thousand jolting feelings flood my heart, my eyes, my lips...all pour out this all-encompassing feeling of love to him.

He is the one that keeps these eyes open, searching for the key to unlock the door that holds the meaning of awake...the one that keeps me from longing for sleep to forget the repetitive days...the one that shows me what it really means to be alive...and awake.

I will stay awake for him. For all time.

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

I will always, always want to be the one who gives you those jolting that are in your heart...your eyes, your lips

I love to see that love reflected back in your eyes when I look at you..do you know how special it is to me?

Everything it about you makes me so very, very happy
:]

gosh..hey...I love you!