CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

.love actually.

The whisper of your breath against my neck will float along with me always.

The gentle nuances of you...they will follow my steps, pacing slightly behind me and always hanging above me, reminding me of all that you are.

The fog drapes low over me now, clouding my eyes, concealing my purpose...I left it all behind five hours ago, and I have been consistently craning my neck to catch the fleeting glimpses of the past four days before they sink into the clouds of my fallible memory.

This insurmountable distance...I feel as if I am climbing a treacherous mountain that seems to lack any sturdy footholds...I am simply grasping at pebbles for some kind of support, rendering me doomed as I slide down the face of the crest.

Where is your strong hand, your protecting grasp, your timeless face? Hidden from view, my heart’s desire is further than these thousand miles that technically separate us now...it is strewn out in space, severed in half, blown away like the seeds of some exotic flower that I never had seen before I saw your face.

But the truth is, I did see a face...I saw a face...a face of the one that I always want to know. I want to watch that beautiful face change with the years, watch the parade of emotions that will run the gamut across your features, explore each line and crevice that will eventually crease your face with the passage of time. I want to always run my hands over the rough stubble of your strong jaw line, feeling the heat of your love pressed against my own skin as we lie entangled in a goose bump infested embrace.

I remember the smell of your shoulder, the taste of your neck, the feel of your legs against mine. How could I forget? Each memory that we have created rivals a precious relic that I never wish to slip from my grasp into the realms of the forgotten.

Where are you now? Are you dashing across the paved paths to the epicenter of the population? Do the curved dendrites spiraling out from this pulsing center of communication somehow lead me to you? The shining lights of your city seem to reach out to me, lighting the hallways in my heart that have been darkened since you took your leave. This mean city that I am tied to seems brighter when I think of your radiant presence in my life.

The feeling of the whisper of your heart against my heart will float along with me always...
Always reminding...always remembering...always creating...always growing.

It's more than just a feeling...it's love, actually.

"If you don't love somebody, it gets annoying when they tell you what to do or what to feel. When you love them you get pleasure from their pleasure, and it makes it easy to serve."
-Donald Miller

1 comments:

because_I_adore_you said...

Darling, your words mean so, so much to me. They are so completely special in every way...I already miss your touch, your smile, everything about you..

It's something I know that someday I won't have to miss annymore because we'll be there together, but until then..

Know that I'm thinking about you..continually...and that I do miss you so very very much

I love you!! With every bit of my heart!